Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Crusaders Academy Strength & Conditioning Intern 2019/2020
The Crusaders and Canterbury Rugby are premier teams in New Zealand, winning the coveted Mitre 10 Cup Championship for eight of the past ten seasons, and a three-peat of Super Rugby titles. We are a unique organisation, demanding excellence in everything we undertake, with a vision of producing winning teams and exceptional young men and women.
Our Academy programme has been in operation since 1998, producing over 47 All Blacks and producing a professional contract graduation rate of over 90%. Achieving this rate of success requires dedication, hard work, innovation and commitment to our vision and goals.
In 2019-20 the Crusaders Academy is proud to offer an Internship in Strength and Conditioning. The recipient of this internship will work with our Academy athletes and staff, as well as having the opportunity to rub shoulders with the world’s best players and coaches in the Canterbury M10 Cup and Crusaders environments.
The Academy Strength and Conditioning Internship consists of approximately 280 hours of development, training, programming and learning. This internship can encompass your tertiary practicum/placement hours, as well as provide you with additional development opportunities.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to fill our internship roles.
You will need to be highly motivated to learn and perform; be able to accept and learn from feedback from our staff; be confident to work with young men aged 17-23 years; be a role model for physical conditioning and nutrition; have an understanding of rugby; and understand the value and principles of Kaizen.
The Crusaders Academy Strength and Conditioning Internship will provide you with:
1. A learning-focused environment where you will develop a learning plan that will guide your development.
2. The opportunity to work on a daily basis with our development players in the gym, on the field and in the community to assist them to achieve the best strength and conditioning outcomes.
3. The opportunity to work alongside our experienced strength and conditioning staff, at Academy, M10 Cup and Crusaders levels.
4. The opportunity to design and implement programmes for athletes, to assist in their development.
5. The opportunity to develop rehabilitation programmes for injured athletes, in consultation with our medical staff
6. Networking opportunities within the Canterbury Rugby and Crusaders organisations and stakeholders.
7. The responsibility of being a trainer for one of the premier Canterbury Representative Rugby teams such as Canterbury Development, Canterbury U19, Canterbury U18 or Canterbury Women’s.
8. Crusaders Academy Rugby Apparel
9. Tuition from experienced Strength and Conditioning staff
10. Observation of Canterbury M10 Cup training processes
11. Completion of placement/practicum hours
12. Presentation of Master Class at Ara and/or University of Canterbury
The operational hours of this internship may come from a number of areas:
- Academy Training off-season: Mon-Fri 3.00-6.30pm
- Academy Training in-season: Mon-Wed 3.00-7.00pm; Tues, Thurs 3.00-5.30pm
- Representative Team Trainer: Aug – Oct - Mon, Tues, Thurs 5.30-7.30pm;
Sat – per game requirements
- Apprentice Academy: Feb 2020 – Sept 2020 – Tues, Thurs 6-7.30am
- Club team trainer (optional): Feb 2020 – Aug 2020 – Tues, Thurs 6.00-7.30pm;
Sat – per game requirements.
It is not expected that you will be available for all of these hours, the specific availability requirements will be decided in consultation with the successful candidate.
Applications close on Friday 18th October 2019.
For further information contact:
Stephan van Gruting, Head Strength and Conditioning Coach – Crusaders Academy
027 635 5773
Job no: IZCL90067
Location: Rugby Park
Closing Date: Friday, 18 October 2019